Thursday 28 May 2009

Doctor Who - The Green Death



Chuffed to bits that my 8 year-old son is as much into Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee era Who as i am.
We're getting through The Green Death right now and he's enjoying it a lot (even Pertwee dolled up as a cleaning lady) but, strangely, not affected at all by the maggots - which i certainly was at the same age.
Maybe its because, in this super-clean world now, he's not been exposed to maggots?
So, he's enjoying it a lot - but hasn't got to the Fly at the end yet...
The DVD is recommended, not only for the story, but the great extra that shows you how to a make a full-size maggot.

1 comment:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I'd just turned 7 when the Green Death first aired, I had a nightmare that I'd caught the Green Death which I can still recall even now, and I ended up spending the rest of the night in my Mam and Dad's bed !! My Mam still goes on about it every time Doctor Who get mentioned !!