Monday 19 April 2010

The New Daleks


Well, they do seem to have stirred up a lot of debates don't they?
Must say, i don't really mind them. Yeah, the middle bit makes them look like bumper cars and the 'orrible plastic finish is very Henry Hoover, but i like them much bigger now, having an eye in the stalk, the Cushing/Planet Of The Daleks/TV21 colour schemes and the odd, hump on the head.
And is that an escape hatch at the back for the Kaled?
So, can live with it.
And keeping fingers crossed that getting them back to purestrain Daleks, the new exterior of the Tardis, Amy's non recollection of the pepper pots, are signs that we're back in the "real" Who universe and the RTD era is being whitewashed out.

3 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

You know my thoughts on this !!!!!

Niel Bushnell said...

I'm not a fan myself. I like the movie Daleks but these seem to have left behind the grace of the earlier design. I'm intrigued by the apprent reboot of the timeline, I never liked the whole Earth knowing about aliens, it stops the Doctor exisitng in OUR world, the real world, but I do feel as bit sorry for poor RTD if it is the case.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

The thing is though that Matt Smith is going to appear as the Doctor in Sarah Jane's Adventures, that RTD still makes, so I'm sure that'll be the old timeline !